Assistant Professor of Strategic HRM
Nijmegen School of Management
Maximum salary: € 4,691 gross/month
Vacancy number: 27.11.17
Application deadline: 19 March 2017
As an Assistant Professor of SHRM you will provide high-quality courses in SHRM and Business Administration. You will be involved in the teaching programmes offered by the Nijmegen School of Management, particularly in the Bachelor’s programme of Business Administration and the Master’s programme in SHRM. Furthermore, you will be expected to carry out high-quality research activities in the field of SHRM, with reference to other research groups within the multidisciplinary setting of the faculty research institute IMR, and to successfully obtain funding from governmental, European as well as private institutions. You will also be expected to publish regularly in leading international academic journals. You will participate actively in the internationalisation activities of the Nijmegen School of Management.
The Nijmegen School of Management (NSM) is an academic centre of research and higher education within Radboud University, focusing on institutional and managerial issues concerning complex organisations in both the public and private domain. It has seven disciplines: Business Administration, Public Administration, Political Science, Economics and Business Economics, Social and Political Sciences of the Environment, Human Geography, and Spatial Planning. The NSM strives for a multidisciplinary approach whenever possible. The NSM employs 260 FTE, of whom 75% are academics. The NSM currently has approximately 3,600 students.
The Department of Business Administration consists of five chairs: Strategic Management, Organizational Design and Development, Marketing, Methods, and Strategic Human Resource Management. The department is responsible for the BSc programme in Business Administration (including a full track in English) as well as seven specialisations within the MSc programme in Business Administration (all in English). Research and teaching are based on the Nijmegen vision of Business Administration, characterised by a broad social science orientation, integrative and stakeholder management approach and a focus on interventions. The educational concept is based on theory and and a practical approach.
Members of the Strategic HRM department have published in various high-impact journals, for example, the Journal of Vocational Behavior, Gender, Work, & Organization, Human Relations, the Human Resource Management Journal, Organization Studies, and the European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology.
What we expect from you
You should meet the following criteria:
• a PhD degree in SHRM or a related and clearly relevant discipline;
• proven qualities in contributing to international, academic debate in the field of Strategic HRM, evidenced by a publication record in internationally recognized high-quality academic journals;
• demonstrated thorough knowledge of recent theoretical and empirical developments in the field of Strategic HRM and SHRM research;
• highly skilled in advanced quantitative research methods;
• an excellent record in academic teaching in the field of Business Administration and proven effective teaching skills. Proven ability to collaborate with and inspire a team of professionals;
• some experience in attracting research funds from research councils and other external parties;
• international experience and an international network;
• excellent English language skills (verbal and written).
What we have to offer
• employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE;
• a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,691 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11);
• in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
• depending on qualifications and experience. Preliminary salary scale 10 may apply;
• duration of the contract: fixed term contract for 4 years with evaluation after 2 years;
• possibility of extension and permanent contract depending on your performance and available funding;
• you will be classified as an Assistant Professor, Level 2 (Universitair docent, niveau 2) in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO).
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Radboud University Nijmegen has a strong track record in promoting excellent women scholars to leadership positions and we therefore especially welcome applications from women who fit the above profile.
Would you like to know more?
Further information on: Nijmegen School of Management
Further information on: Master programme Strategic HRM
Further information on: Research
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof. Beatrice I.J.M. van der Heijden PhD, Head of Department Strategic HRM
Telephone: +31 24 3615454
Gerda van der Zwaard - de Kruijk, Secretary
Telephone: +31 24 3611835
Are you interested?
You should upload your application (attn. of Prof. Beatrice I.J.M. van der Heijden, PhD) exclusively using the button 'Apply' below. Your application should include (and be limited to) the following attachment(s):
• Motivation letter
• Publication list
• Overview of teaching experience